Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Meet the Teacher

Hello there! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Virginia (Ginny) Burdett and I am a (soon-to-be) 3rd year, intermediate teacher in the Chicago suburbs. Originally, I had planned to use my first post as a way to share my “Meet the Teacher” story in hopes of you getting to know me a little bit better. Little did I know, I would run into major writer’s block three sentences in (if this is a sign of what’s to come, I am in big trouble!).

Rather, I decided to settle for a collage of images that tell that same story.



Illinois State University. Professional Development School. Teacher friends turned best friends. Mentors. Marigolds. Standards Based Learning/Reporting. PLNs. A 1:1 technology initiative. Flexible learning spaces. Lifelong learning. These kids.  If you are pictured, thank you for playing your role, be it big or small. I couldn’t be ME, without you.

I have started this blog to share ramblings, rants, realizations, and reflections with anyone who cares to listen. I welcome you to join me in conversation as I continue to draft my story.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 1st post! You have so much knowledge to share! Can't wait to read more. Cross post on Michelle's Big Time Literacy site so that you can get more exposure! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* your last line, thank you for welcoming me into your story here online! So excited to read and grow and learn with you, from you! and definitely link up with my blog this month if you feel so inclined!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome step forward in your blogging and teaching journey! Can't wait to learn alongside you via social media. You're an amazing teacher. Don't forget to keep sharing your ideas! XO

    ReplyDelete